09 julio 2012

July 9 - 10, 1957 : Bobby Helms spends two days at Bradley Studio with the Nashville A-team and producer Paul Cohen. "My Special Angel" will give him his second # 1 on the country charts and also goes Top 10 pop (Decca 30423, August, b/w "Standing At the End Of My World" from the July 19 - 20 session). Some other recorded songs will appear on several EP's, "Sugar Moon" (Decca ED 2555), "The Magic Song" and "Plaything" (Decca ED 2586) and "Faraway Heart"(Decca ED 3880), while "Most Of the Time" and "(Now And Then) There's A Fool Such As I" end up on the album "My Special Angel" (Decca LP DL 8638, 1957) and "(I'm Leaving Now) Long Gone Daddy" sees a belated release on the album "Pop-A-Billy" (MCA LP 1557, 1983). Personnel : Hank Garland, Grady Martin, Ray Edenton or Harold Bradley (guitars) ; Bob Moore (bass) ; Owen Bradley (piano) ; Buddy Harman (drums) ; The Anita Kerr Singers (vocal group)



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario