11 julio 2012

July 11, 1956 : Beginning of a busy week for The Platters. On this day they record "You'll Never Know" (Mercury 70948, August 17) and "One In A Million" (Mercury 71011, November 15). On July 12, they wax "It Isn't Right" (flip of "You'll Never Know") and "He's Mine" (Mercury 71032, January 30, 1957, lead vocal by Zola Taylor), plus three tracks for the LP "The Platters, Volume 2" (Mercury MG 20216, January 31, 1957). The remaining nine tracks for this album are recorded on the 16th (4 songs) and the 17th (five songs). None of the songs from the LP is issued as a single ("Heart Of Stone", "I'd Climb The Highest Mountain", "September In The Rain", "You've Changed", "I'll Get By", "I Give You My Word", "In The Still Of The Night", "Wagon Wheels", "Take Me In Your Arms", "You Can Depend On Me", "Temptation" and "I Don't Know Why"). Location : Mercury Sound Studio, New York City.


You´ll Never Know



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario